Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V3 #404

At 03:48 PM 7/23/98 -0400, Frank I. Reiter asked:
>Has anybody found what they feel is a good solution to keeping fish out of
>the overflows in a planted tank?
>I have been thinking about the air filters used for furnaces, which  seem to
>recall being a fairly course mat of plastic fibers.  Does anybody know if
>they would be aquarium safe?

The stuff you are seeking is generically called "filter foam".  It comes in
different "meshes" based on the number of holes per inch, you probably want
20 or 15 (holes per inch).  Ask a maker (
http://www.thomasregister.com:8000/finder/gate1.html ) for a sample big
enough to try.

--
FormMaestro                              <http://www.wcf.com>