Seeking Mare's Tail (Hippurus vulgaris)

Dear List Members,

	I am very interested in obtaining the interesting aquatic plant
known as Mare's Tail (Hippurus vulgaris). I have seen this plant pictured
in several books, but I have not been able to locate it.  It has both
submerged and emergent growth.  The submerged stems have leaves that are
long and flowing like a horse's tail, whereas the emergent stems looks like
miniature pine trees and has stiffer leaves in symmetrical whorls.

	If anyone has any information on how I can obtain this plant,
please e-mail me.  (I would be happy to trade.) I would also appreciate any
information on how to grow it.

Sincerely,

Chad Husby
chusby at vt_edu