'Orrible Algae continued

Hello All:

The saga of the algae infested tank continues. The water has now
gone green, and I have cyanobacteria patches as well. I'll get an
antibiotic to deal with the cyano. The hair algae is under control
though. Put in a pair of black mollies on friday. They're
systematically cleaning the lot, although the male seems to think
that Eleocharis is an algae, and he keeps on interrupting the
female's feeding to mate. Talk about single minded! Also introduced
some Malaysian Trumpet snails and I have a pair of Otoclinius on
order. Don't mind the green water so much. It adds a sort of
mysterious appearence to the tank. It also appears to be a little
more transparent than yesterday. The Ludwigia glandulosa and repens
are both getting very red, but somehow my Hygro's don't seem to be
growing.

To the two gentlemen who replied, thanks for your advice.

Jacques

Jacques Gerber
Botany Department
Rhodes University