Re: Glossostigma

At 03.48 14/07/98 -0400, you wrote:

>Aquatic Plants Digest      Tuesday, July 14 1998      Volume 03 : Number 383
>

>In this issue:
>
>	RE:'Orrible algae
>	Glossostigma
>	Re: New Plant Tank

>Date: Mon, 13 Jul 1998 13:35:21 -0700
>From: "Dixon, Steven T. (Exchange)" <stdixon at ben_bechtel.com>
>Subject: Glossostigma
>
>I'm having fun working on growing out a patch of Glossostigma
>elatinoides for the first time.  (My LFS finally started carrying the
>stuff.)  It is growing well in soft water under bright light (110 watts
>of 6700K compact fluorescent lighting over a 40 gal. regular tank with
>Dupla laterite and a hand full of peat granules in the substrate.
>Tropica Mastergrow is added weekly with water changes).   It seems to be
>a stem plant with most new growth coming in vertical, despite the bright
>light.
Hi Steven,

my Glosso is layind down ... so down that sometimes it's under the gravel
!!! My impression is that light is important but NOT SO important. The real
factor is the substrate... I can't explain scientifically cuz it's only a
feeling but Glosso needs a very much fertilized substrate... and it needs a
way to make this fertilizer available to the upper part of the gravel aka
heating coil, UGF or heating bases.
Anyway my tanks have plenty of light too. About 1.5W/l .

I hope this can help :-)

Sincerely,
Luca Specchio
                \ |
                _\|_
              .' '.' '.        ___     BYE from Luca
            _.|.--.--.|.___.--'___`-.  and his little Goofy !:-))
              |_|   |_|
               `.`-'.'