Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V3 #377

Hello Bob,

Unfortunately, citric acid contains NO IRON! NONE!

There IS an iron-citrate compound on the market, but it is just iron
chelated with citric acid. I don't know it's merits vs. iron-EDTA
chelate, for aquaculture. One thing I know, that it is a weaker chelate
than EDTA -- thus the iron is more readily available -- as a nutrient OR
to be precipitated as the hydroxide. If I am not mistaken, the
iron-citrate complex is more expensive than iron-EDTA.

Best,

George S