Citric acid and iron

I recently read something somewhere that left me with the belief that citric
acid contains iron.  Does anyone know for sure, and if so, is it suitable for
inclusion in a homemade PMDD-type regimen?  Part of the reason for homemade
stuff, besides the cost, is adjusting the mix to my personal needs.  Since I'm
adjusting the pH anyway, and 15% Citric acid is available for pond pH
adjustments, it seems to me I could simply include this as an iron ingredient,
and at the same time reduce or eliminate the sulfuric acid I'm currently
using.

Bob Dixon