Now I'm REALLY confused!!

George S. writes:

> A simple subtraction of "calcium
>  hardness" from "total hardness" will give one "magnesium hardness"
>  expressed as CaCO3, i.e. that part of total hardness caused by
>  magnesium! Pure and simple.

Some of you know I've been trying my best to get all this hardness stuff
figured out, because I keep asking questions.  So now, if the Mg is <expressed
as CaCO3>, it's still not clear.  Do we mean the same amount by weight as if
it were calcium, so I have to look up the two atomic weights and convert, in
order to figure out the molar concentration?

Bob Dixon