Re:Salt

> Date: Wed, 8 Jul 1998 07:50:58 -0500
> From: "Kudzu" <Kudzu at airnet_net>>
> I am trying to keep some particularly delicate native fish. I have
> found that I need to add a bit of salt to the water to help with some
> problems. If I remember right I read that most plants can't tolerate
> salt even in low concentrations?

Seachem has a product called Live Bearer/Brackish Aquarium Salt. They say it
"is not just another rock salt or sodium chloride. It is a blend of the
major ions found in estuary waters and is ideal for live bearers and
brackish fish as well as ideal for use as routine aquarium salt. Since it
contains much less chloride than regular aquarium salt, it can be used in
planted aquaria as directed without adverse effects on most plants."
I have not used it yet but I'm considering it for my son's platy tank to be.
If anyone has tried it I'd be interested to hear from them. Hopefully this
helps.
Cheers,
Susan Romano