RE: CO2 reactors

>Date: Tue, 07 Jul 1998 09:48:08 -0400
>From: Dean Merrill <deanm at sat_net>
>Subject: CO2 reactors

>I'm shopping around for a CO2 reactor. I know the Dupla is a good unit,
>but a little too expensive for me. I've read the archives concerning
the
>Aqualine Buschke unit, and it appears that it doesn't pass muster. Has
>anyone tried the Coralife O2/O3 reactor, or know of any good
>alternatives to the Dupla?

I'm purchased a SERA CO2 reactor, bubble counter and continuous testing
kit in Australia.  The bubble counter uses glycerine for a slow steady
bubble count, the testing kit is mounted inside the tank and the reactor
use water flow to push CO2 down through a maze of angled pieces of
plastic.  I have found this to be very effective and have had to reduce
my bubble rate to counter the effect (not so easy with a DIY CO2 setup).
This was all contained in a single kit with all the tubing, connectors
and instructions.  I paid AUS$120 for it. Australian dollar equals about
$65 US cents at the moment.

Cameron Hayes