RE: Cedar/Ceder/Juniper (Hopefully for the last time)

Gee, all I asked, was simple question.

So, let me see if I have this straight. We know the following to be
factual:

1.  It's C-e-d-a-r. No, it's C-e-d-e-r. No, it's Western Red Cedar.
No,     it's Eastern White Cedar. No, it's Eastern Red Cedar. No,
it's          Aromatic Cedar. No, it's not Cedar, it's Juniperus
virginiana. Ok,      I've got that.

2.  It's only native to Lebanon, the West Indies, and everywhere else.

3.  The species with the purple heart is found only in the areas
listed     above, and only 1 in 10 has the purple heart, unless they all
do.

4.  Grows only in Ceder swamps, unless you're in Texas, where it
grows      in the desert, or Tennessee, where it grows in barren fields.

5.  It's not safe to put in a tank. It will kill everything.

6.  It's safe to put in a tank, won't hurt anything.

7.  It will only kill Corys.

8.  Not only is it safe, it's beneficial. Has medicinal properties,
and     has been used to induce spawning.

9.  Use only the purple heart, that's where all the good essential
oils     are.

10. Don't use the purple heart, that's where all the poisonous oils are.

11. Leave submerged in a Ceder swamp for 50 or 60 years to leach out
all     the good/bad oils.

12. Leave in the Texas sun for 50 or 60 years to bake out all
the           good/bad oils.

13. Will always grow a white fuzz when submerged, unless it doesn't.

14. Don't fertilize Cedars, or you'll die.

15. It will kill caterpillars.

Now I know where to go whenever I have another question. Think I'll ride
over to Petsmart and buy something plastic.

Thanks for all of your input, I really do appreciate it. I'll do some
experimenting, and post the results. Now lets get on to something cut
and dried, like light intensity vs. color spectrum.

Augie Eppler
Green Cove Springs, Fl.    Wildfire capitol of the world.