Tree stumps

Since we're on the subject of tree stumps, I have two of them, about 4-5"
diameter trunks with roots that spread out about 2' in diameter.  The trees
had been cut down about 3 years ago and I dug the stumps out a year ago.
They sat out in the weather for most of a year and I now have them in my
basement awaiting a big enough tank.

My question is, aside from cedar, since that's still up in the air (and I
know they are not cedar) are there any kinds of tree (or large bush) stumps
that anybody knows of that CANNOT be used in an aquarium?

BTW, I would like to publicly thank Augie for all his help, without which I
would have probably given up this hobby by now.

Thanks,

Bob Ashcraft