Re: SAE's on the web AND Westerleigh Aquatics

On 24 Jun 98, Lewis wrote:

> > Can you explain what part you found outrageous, Lewis?
> >
> > - --
> > Dave Gomberg, San Francisco            mailto:gomberg at wcf_com
      <snip>
> I probably did not phrase that very well.  All of the components of the
> transaction are reasonable, as you point out.  What I meant to convey was
> that one would have to really want these critters to pay $58 for a couple
> of them. Lewis

Well, I, for one, used as I am to purchasing B. splendens from private
breeders via mail, am appalled at the quote of $45 for shipping, *plus*
a $10 handling fee.  I have never paid over $20 for shipping and shipping
materials and *that* is for sometimes up to 10 adult fish, each packed
in its own double bag (sometimes females 2 to a bag), and at Express
Mail prices!  Next week I am expecting four Bettas shipped from Hawaii
to New York state via Express Mail and paid only $15 shipping/packing!

That said ... has anyone ever ordered plants from Westerleigh Aquatics?
I think they are in NY or NJ?

Terri
Terri Gianola, Catskill, New York, USA - terri at mhonline_net
BRINE-L Listowner - brine-l-request at listserv_uga.edu
Website: http://members.aol.com/TerriG2/
Manager of the Bettas WebRing and the Fish and Aquaria WebRing
"Laziness is the mother of invention."
"The only stupid question is the one never asked."