Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V3 #338

Hi Firrest,

You mught be timid about stepping on some "giant's" toes, but you seem
to have grasped the essentials of water chemistry. Keep it up!

The "lather" statement refers to an old method of measuring water
hardness. One added a standard soap solution to a measured quantity of
water, shook it and if lather was visible on top of the water, that was
the end point. Now we use a color change to indicate the endpoint &
don't have to shake, just stir.

Best,

George S