Aluminum Plants

Last saturday, a friend of mine, whom I introduced him to acuatic plants, went to a local pet store a bought about 10 aluminum plats.  Now, I know that these plants are often sold as true acuatic, but they are not.  Not wanting to discourage him I have not told him his mistake.  I have to admit that his 29G looks good with those bog plants.  What are the chances that the plants will survive after a few weeks under water?  He has a good setup (flourite and silica sand as a substrate, yeast C02 injection, 60 Watts lighting).  His other plants (Java Ferns, Amazon Swords, Crypt wenddt, corkscrew vals) are doing great.  Have any of you succeded in growing this Aluminum plant underwater?  What would be the recommendations?    Thanks