The Plague

I am very frustrated right now, it seems as if my tank has developed the
plague.  I have lost 6 tiger barbs, 3 Otocinclus and an algae eating shrimp
in the last 3 days for no apparent reason.  My LFS says it is probably a
bacteria and to treat with antibiotics.  What are the effects of antibiotics
on aquatic plants?  Is there some way to treat this without harming my
plants?  Your help would be greatly appreciated.

I am also having a problem with little tiny holes in my plants leaves.  The
iron tests at 0.1 ppm.  What could be causing this?

29 gallon
2 x 20W flourescents
pH 7.4
ammonia and nitrites 0