WHY Calcium carbonate as KH buffer

Hi,

I am in the process of adding a CO2 solution to my planted tank. Currently
I buffer GH and KH with sodium bicarbonate (NaHCO3) for KH and
calcium chloride (NaCl) for GH.

Is there a reason why the CO2 posts here frequently make reference to
calcium carbonate (CaCO3) as a KH buffer? Is there any benefit to using
calcium carbonate over calcium chloride?

I prefer my current method simply because the calcium chloride effects KH
without effecting GH. and because it dissolves very rapidly with water.

Thanks

Christopher Coleman
christopher.coleman at worldnet_att.net