Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V3 #326

<<
 This may be a stupid question, but here goes.

 Why doesn't the aquarium hobby industry change to the "ppm" scale in refering
to water hardness?  Maybe it would help to avoid some of the confusion.

As an "old toot" in the industry (and hobby) I'll proffer an explanation; it
(the use of "degrees" as units) is a holdover from principally German days of
predominance in the interest, i.e. they used such. Conversions are simple
enough, but I vote with you to change to ppm (or perharps microSiemens of
hardness, VBG).
Bob Fenner