Re: Python water changer - Aquatic Plants Digest V3 #323

On 13 Jun 98, George Booth <booth at lvld_hp.com> wrote:

> As a matter of fact, you could buy a drain and fill kit, a cheap 50'
> garden hose and the Python gravel vac tube for a whole lot less than a
> complete Python setup. Just an idea. <g>

We did something like this.  We were visiting Lancaster, PA, and went to That
Fish Place.  I already had a large aquarium siphon, we purchased all the
necessary connectors (there is another brand besides Python - I can't
remember the name, though) and when we got home to upstate NY, we went to
Home Depot or one of those types of stores to purchase the clear hose.  The
cost savings over the Python set was outrageous.  Oh - and we have a
waterbed, so we already had several of the waterbed drain and fill connectors.

I, too, love mine.  Before getting this set-up, I was very *bad* about water
changes - now I am only sorta bad.  I use it on all my tanks - except the 5  and
10 gallons - it *is* a little overkill there.  For those I have a tiny siphon and a
nice 5 gallon bucket.

Terri

Terri Gianola, Catskill, New York, USA - terri at mhonline_net
BRINE-L Listowner - brine-l-request at listserv_uga.edu
Website: http://members.aol.com/TerriG2/
Manager of the Bettas WebRing and the Fish and Aquaria WebRing
"Laziness is the mother of invention."
"The only stupid question is the one never asked."