RE: Water Hardness

James,

Thank you for responding to my post.  I do 25% water changes weekly and no I
do not add anything to my tank except plant fertilizer (Sera) and chlorine
remover (AmQuel).  You are probably right about the gravel.  Now that I
think about it I have picked small pieces of shell out of it a couple of
times.  I am not exactly sure what kind I got but I had been raising African
Cichlids at the time so who knows.  Maybe it's time to try some Laterite or
something.  I just really hate to pull out all my plants.

Thank you for the help,
Chlayne