Water conditioners/Driftwood

I have two more questions.

1)  I have read about some water conditioners binding out the elements
that are added using trace element mixtures.  However, I haven't been
able to find any info on the conditioner I am using: Aquarium
Pharmaceuticals Tap Water Conditioner (the '1 drop per gallon' one.)
Does anyone know if this conditioner may be rendering my trace element
supplement ineffective?

2)  I also believe that I read somewhere long ago that driftwood may be
'sealed', as it were, by coating/painting it with a sealant of some
sort.  However, I can't find reference to it now.  Can anyone give me
advice on this, as I've acquired a great piece that I would like to add
to my tank.

Thanks in advance!

Reid