Re: Lighting Nitpicking

Thanks for the response, I appriciate the time everyone takes to answer
questions. Just to let you know the tank is a 90 gallon with 330 watts of
VHO.  2 Aquasuns at 5500K and the Actinic.  Since the blue does not seem
to be doing anything for the plants I'm not sure if I will keep it, but
the tank water does look brighter, possibly a little whiter.  With 330
watts and no CO2 addition I am not worried about enought light and in
fact am worried about too much if I switch out the blue for another
aquasun.

Thanks again for the response.

PS. the URI bulbs I have used have the same bi-pin design as regular
bulbs, in fact the ends are from a previous incarnation using normal
output bulbs.

o    Mike Nielsen                                                        u
m    Department of Geography         THE OPTIMIST BELIEVES WE LIVE IN    ?
a    Harvill Bldg Box #2             THE BEST OF ALL POSSIBLE WORLDS;    w
r    Tucson, AZ 85721                THE PESSIMIST FEARS THIS IS SO      h
e    mnielsen at u_arizona.edu                                              o