Re:CO2 PPM in tank / PPM in equilibrium atmosphere

Roger Miller wrote:

.....CO2 is only about 0.03% of "normal" dry air, and water in balance with
air will contain only about 0.42 mg/l of CO2 at 25C (about 77F).  That
number drops noticably as temperatures increase.  A concentration of 20
ppm CO2 is 48 times the atmospheric balance point; it's what the water
would balance at if the air contained about 1.4% CO2......

This is a good time for me to give a plug for my method of delivering CO2.
The air we exhale in normal breathing is between 3 and 4% CO2, which is
about twice the concentration that would provide 20 PPM.  All one has to do
is to exhale into a bag and then arrange to pump it into his or her tanks.
Just sitting here and reading the daily APD is enough time to fill up a bag
that can get the level up to 30 PPM in a 75 gallon tank.

Paul Krombholz, in hot, dry, central Mississippi, having the driest May on
record.