Re: CO2 in tank/ CO2 in air

> From: Paul Nicholson <paul at eisusa_com>
> Subject: CO2 PPM in tank / PPM in equlibrium atmosphere
>
> Or to
> say in another way, what is atmospheric concentration of C02 that would
> produce a 20 ppm level in water in a system in equilibrium, assuming no
> production or consumption of CO2.

	I make it about 1.3% (by volume).  I went about it another way:  I
use about that fraction of the water surface exposed to CO2, and the rest
to air.  You want to run at about 40 times the usual equilibrium
concentration in the water, so you need about 40 times the usual concentration
in the air.

--
Paul Sears        Ottawa, Canada