Algae, Anubias, Brown leaves

I have a planted tank which has been set up for about a month and a
half, and am having a few problems.

First of all, thread-like algae is growing everywhere. Anubias leaves
are covered in it, as well as crypts. The algae is also growing on the
glass surfaces, the thermometer, and the gravel. I have three small (2")
SAE's, six small (1.5") rosy barbs, 3 otos and some ghost shrimp in the
tank to combat the algae. What else can I do to help rid myself of this
algae?

Also, some of the leaves of my Ceratopteris are turning brown on the
edges and getting black spots.

Finally, the leaves of my Anubias aren't a uniform green like when I
first had them, or like the Anubias I see pictured n various books. They
are turing yellowish, especially along the edges of the leaves. New
growth looks the same as the older leaves. TIA!

--
Jesse Mathies
Surrey, British Columbia