[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Copper sulfate

APD  members,
I have a 90 gal. planted tank that's beginning to be overrun by what I
think is brush algae. It has been about 4 years since it was set up. And i
tried using reagent grade  CuSO4 to eradicate the algae with about 1/4
teaspoon of it. Bad idea. Some of the more sensitive fishes and some spiral
vals died. So i changed about 80% of the water. My next plan is to move all
the fishes to another tank and and try it again with CuSo4 and shut down
the lights for a week. Anyone knows of the right dose to use CuSO4. It is
the next best thing to totally tear down the tank. Any suggestions or
advices will be well appreciated. I don't care if some of the more
sensitive plants die as i have some reserves in my other tanks or is this
plan a little drastic ?   TIA.