Re: green water

Denny C. wrote, May 6:

>  I have had green water problems for a year now and got some tail rot that
>killed a couple of plant a few months a go. Then a mircle happened after the
>weekend the water was cyrstal clear but a few fish were died and many had tail
>rot. I was wondering if it was possible that the bacteria that caused tail rot
>could have killed off the green water algae?

Whatever it was that killed a couple of plants a few months ago couldn't
have been tail rot, even if the leaves died back or turned to mush in a way
that looked like tail rot in a fish, which has a totally different cause.
Various things can cause plants to die back.  I'm sure that the clearing of
the water was not caused by the ogranism that causes tail rot in fish.

Subject: Book on chemistry

A book that has a good chapter on aquarium chemistry is:
Ghadially, Feroze N., 1969. Advanced Aquariast Guide. Pet Library, Ltd.,
Harrison, N.J. I don't know if it is still in print.

Paul Krombholz, in central Mississippi where summertime humidity has moved
in.