Re: Fluval filter

Something that I have done that makes maintaince easier and extends time
between the tear down of canister filters is to cover the intake strainer
with some foam.  I use the Aquaclear 500 foam blocks, cut the block to
just an inch or so longer than the strainer, cut a hole or slice open the
middle and then just shove this on the strainer.  THis traps far more
debris than the plastic strainer, is easy to clean, just slip off, rinse
in water and put on again.  By trapping the stuff you don't have to clean
the canister as often.

Also this is dirt cheap.

Good luck.

o    Mike Nielsen
m    Department of Geography         THE OPTIMIST BELIEVES WE LIVE IN    ?
a    Harvill Bldg Box #2             THE BEST OF ALL POSSIBLE WORLDS;    w
r    Tucson, AZ 85721                THE PESSIMIST FEARS THIS IS SO      h
e    mnielsen at u_arizona.edu