Re: Pleco's

In a message dated 98-05-04 17:09:45 EDT, Aquatic-Plants-Owner at actwin_com
writes:

<<
 Thanks, Chris for that :)  However, I SHOULD have ask before I bought,
 it was a bit impulsive, although I did ask at the LFS and 2 guys assured
 me he would be fine :)  I DO know better than to totally listen to them,
 thou!  Anyhoo, I had the big pleco for about 24hrs and did end up taking
 him back--he didn't eat the plants but he did knock them down and out
 and I decided I didn't want to replant my tank everyday.  I got 5 small
 plecos in his place and am now on the search for a few oto's and Am.
 flagfish to help out.  I don't know what to do if these 5 small plecos
 grow to be that big--i'm hoping they stay small ;)

From my experience with LFS Pleco's if the ones that I bought small (under 2")
stayed under 3 inches even after about 3 years of age.  However the one I
bought
medium sized (about 4") grew to about 9 inches in just 6 months.  Note the
same
store that sold him/her to me for $5.95 bought him back for $15 credit.

Dennis