Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V3 #240

In a message dated 98-05-02 17:06:08 EDT, Aquatic-Plants-Owner at actwin_com
writes:

<< I have several species of Cryptocoryne in my 75 gallon community tank.
They
 are all exhibiting he same symptom.  The margins of their leaves curl down
and
 inward.  In addition none of them are growing as lushly as I would like.  My
 tank conditions are as follows:

 	75 gallon community tank
 	200 W Fluorescent lights >>

Crypts used to be my favorate plant.  Some of the things that I have about
Crypts is that there will not survive in the tanks where my Amazons thrive.
After
years of experimentation I have come to the conclusion lighting is one of the
biggest keys to keeping crypts.

My best success with crypts were in 29 gallon tanks with only 20 watts of
flor.
lighting for 18 hours a day and darkness for 6 hours a day.  Under these
conditions
they usually multiplied to the point where I'd have to thin out 50% of the
plants
every 3 months.

Dennis