Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V3 #233

> From: Cynthia S Powers <cyn at metronet_com>
> Subject: Growth of the APD
> I thought many of you might be interested in this, so I decided to
> send it to the list.  I believe the APD has been around for about 7
> years and, at present, there are almost 1200 subscribers.  When I
> received the APD Listowner torch from Shaji around 4 years ago,
> there were ~400 subscribers.

Hey listmom,

Not quite that long.. though it seems that way.  Seven years ago,
George Booth, Patti Beadles, Oleg, and others were writing big
multipart articles to the folks over on alt.aquaria (and rec.aquaria,
though not everyone got both groups) about setting up planted tanks,
reef tanks, and breeding every characin and killie available, and
generally shaking up the notion that the only good information
available on this stuff was in FAMA.

Shaji got the list started in April 1995, around the time of the big
newsgroup split.  He had to bail shortly thereafter (within a year), so
Cynthia has actually been keeping this thing running for most of its life!
Congrats!

  - Erik

---
Erik Olson