Re: Nymphaea lotus

>Date: Mon, 27 Apr 1998 22:00:30 -0700 (MST)
>From: Michael D Nielsen <mnielsen at U_Arizona.EDU>
>Subject: Re: Flagfish
>
>Also what happens to nyphea lotus (lilly I think) when you let it send up
>pads to the surface without trimming them?  I have let mine go for about a
>month now and it shows no signs of stopping putting up 8 inch diameter
>leaves every other day.

If your nymphaea are getting adequate nutrition, they will continue to put
up 8" diameter or larger leaves all year, plus an occasional flower here or
there.  The bulb will also divide by itself and produce plantlets.  You can
wind up with a Nymphaea tank in a few years.
http://www.dallas.net/~dwebb/aquarium/n_stellata.jpg
http://www.dallas.net/~dwebb/aquarium/nymphaea_flower.JPG

--
David W. Webb