APD List Harvesting

Bob Dixon wrote:

>I have been subscribed to the Nature Aquarium Newsletter.  Since they deal
in
>their own version of a "Dupla" type system, and I see Ken Guin's email
address
>in the header, I assume someone harvested our names from the list.  NOT
COOL!!

Bob, you are right. I got a copy of the Nature Aquarium Newsletter too.
However, I am a member of four other aquaria related mailing lists.  So, it
might not have been the APD list that was harvested, although the keyword
"Dupla" does lead one to believe it was.  Also, I have bought so many
aquarium-plant gadgets over the past year, they could have gotten my email
address from a number of places. I guess if we really wanted to know, we
could write and ask them where they got our names. I am not so worried about
it at this stage. I just don't want anyone to think that I had anything to
do with spamming list members.

Regards,
Ken Guin
Kenguin at homemail_com