Ammonia Testing Methods

Hi,

Can one of the chemists on the list please comment on the difference between
the two methods used to measure Ammonia in water - Salicylate vs Nessler? I
am interested in obtaining either a LaMotte or Hach Ammonia Test Kit and
would like to obtain the most accurate low range kit that I can, but don't
know which method would produce the most accurate results. Is there any
difference in quality (i.e. accuracy) between the LaMotte and Hach Ammonia
Test Kits? All of my other test kits are variously either LaMotte or Hach
and I have been very pleased with them and would like to stick with known
quality if I can.

Thanks.

James Purchase
jpurch at interlog_com