Re: CO2 level

    HS> Hi all,
    HS> I have a question , how do you messure the CO2 level in a tank then
    HS> you filter through peat ?
    HS> All tabels I have seen say that they can't be used then you filter
    HS> through peat.

Hans,

Water filtered by peat contains pH buffers other than carbonates, so the
standard pH/KH/CO2 tables will *not* work.  The same buffers will interfere
with direct CO2 tests, so forget about a C02 kit also.

Your best bet is to make an estimate based on your bubble rate and look
at your plants to see how they're doing.  Even just a little extra CO2
helps a lot.  Make sure you have good circulation _below_ the water surface
and that the water surface itself isn't disturbed too much.

-Carlos
--
Carlos E. Munoz <cmunoz at crystal_cirrus.com>
Join the AGA