Re: Mother plants? Hardly !

I once was told this same info/wives tale when I was a newbie also.  This is true for
only a few plant species (I doubt Anubias is included, but the REAL experts who grow
it will say for sure).  The vast majority of the plant species that get this
reputation survive fairly well under sub optimum conditions but will not reproduce
asexually unless they have a nutrient rich substrate and high intensity full spectrum
light.  The Amazons (Echinodorus sp.) fall in this category.  Those who grow them
well mistakenly believe the plants' living conditions are also adequate for
reproduction but when they can't seem to get asexual reproduction they will be led by
some to believe its because they don't have a 'mother' plant.

Bk. in Florida.