Flordia: information on local fish shops

Going to Flordia for 2 week and wondering about some information on
local fish shops.  Thinks about purchasing a new lighting system for my
50 gal tank.  What would be the price of a VHO or metal halide lighting
system?   Which would be better for a freshwater planted tank that water
is soft and low ph?  On a limited budget be a poor Newfie student and
following my girlfriend who just graduated nursing.  She needs a trip
and this system may be totally out of my price range.

Thanks