Re: Test Kit

Jim Wilson asked about Test Kits:

I tried the SeaChem Iron test kit.  I brought it home from a LFS, opened
the kit and the reagent powder had petrified.  I called SeaChem the next
morning and within a couple of days I received TWO replacement containers
of reagent.

I found it very difficult to get an accurate reading comparing the color of
a liquid in a white container to a colored chart.  I use other SeaChem
products and am quite pleased with them.  Their customer service is
excellent, I just didn't care for their Iron Test kit.  I ended up buying
the Lamotte kit and in essence tossing $20 bucks in the trash can.

John Haydt
Philadelphia