CO2 and Anabantidae

While observing several members of the family Anabantidae in my planted
tank with CO2, I noticed that they have a habit of pecking at oxygen
bubbles
rising from plants. One gulped down a small CO2 bubble gassing out of my

reactor and reacted violently to it.

I recently found a couple of healthy two year old golden Gouramis dead
for no
apparent reason, I now suspect that they breathed in pure CO2..

If this is true we have to look closer at reactor designs and redesign..

Any thoughts?

--
Raj

VU2ZAP | ggrk at blr_vsnl.net.in | Bangalore, S. INDIA
Where we have soluble asphalt and insoluble sugar.