Re: Aquaterrararium.

> Date: Wed, 25 Mar 1998 19:03:03 +0400
    > From: "Gerald Lisik" <dogl at intnet_mu>
    >
    > I'm new to this list and this is my first post: Can someone give
me general
    > tips and instructions to make an aquaterrarium based on her/his
experience?
    > My girlfriend always wanted me to start one and I found the idea
    > attractive, plants both on land and under water, in the same
tank!! thanks
    > to all,

    The new trendy name for this is "paludarium", from the Latin paludus
= swamp.
    I suggest you search the web with this key - there are some
interesting sites
    out there, but I don't have the URLs handy.

I have been a lurker here for some time about a year ago, and again
recently, but have never tried posting here before.  This message is to
see if this works, and also because I thought that if you were
interested in different ideas to set up a paludarium, you may want to
check out the paludarium page of my website,
http://members.tripod.com/~Tropic_Cove/paludarium.html
This isn't a very graphics oriented site, so you won't see lots of
paludarium pictures, but it does briefly describe some of the basic
types of paludarium setups.  BTW, this list is great!  I learned a lot a
year ago, and remember when Dr. Quackenbush was busy defending his kitty
litter method.  It's strange to see it so popular now, remembering all
the heat it stirred up back then!
-Kent Turner
Tropic Cove