Watersprite

I have a few Watersprite planted in a tank that is about 3months old and has
DYI CO2. The Watersprite are growing very nicely -BUT- they have become just
a mess of roots all trying to find their way to the gravel. When you look at
that area it just reminds you of a very elaborate spider web.

My question is has the plants gone wild or is this a natural occurrence.
Once again I am very pleased in the way that a few plants have filled in an
area but would like not such a mess.

OH I have trimmed most of the plants once.

Vernon