Cycled Tank Question II

APDers,

The response was great.  My post was also a chance to see if we still had
the ability to discuss issues rather than bickering.

Part II:  Is it better to cycle with or without plants?
        -It seems that plants may help buffer the cycle by consuming some
of the ammonia and nitrites thus allowing the bacterias to colonize and the
fish not to get stressed out.
        -Is cycling with plants guaranteed to prolong the cycle?

Matthew T. Mason                            "The young do not know
Doctoral Student                                  enough to be prudent,
Department of Molecular Genetics      and therefore they attempt
The Ohio State University                   the impossible -- and
mason.163 at osu_edu                          achieve it, generation
                                                            after generation."
                                                            -- Pearl S. Buck