Riccia and Java Moss

Dan Q wrote:

>  I'm not sure. I didn't use the light to see what effects it would have
on Riccia. I put the Riccia in there to experiment on a way to
>keep it attached longer to the bottom than the typical 30- 50 days I
believe were generally reported here in the APD . My idea was to
>sandwich Java Moss between thin layers of Riccia.  My thinking was that
Riccia can't hold on to anything, but maybe enough Java Moss can

Very interesting idea, Dan.  Amano uses Utricularia to do the same thing.
I think that an advantage to your method is that Java Moss is so tolerant
of low light levels that it is likely to stay healthy and hang on better
even in the middle of a mass of Riccia.

I'm going to try to get a clump started to play with today!
Karen Randall
Aquatic Gardeners Association