Substrate q: and brown stuff

>jessem <jessem at direct_ca> wrote:

>The local store sells a product called 'Terralit'. What is this stuff
>exactly? Does anyone have any thoughts as to how well this would work?

I have used Aqualine Buschke's Terralit product quite alot and IMHO like it. It seems to be some type of material that breaks down in the gravel to a type of potting soil. I just moved another tank that had only been set up for about 6 months. The substrate was 3mm gravel with 2000grams of Terralit mixed in. The gravel and the roots of the plants had a soil material in it when I tore the tank down. I have had good success at growing plants with this product.