Jade swords revealed

     Several months ago I posted a QYNGA about jade swords (what is it,
     what are the requirements, etc.).  Now, I am able to respond to
     myself.  Pretty pathetic, eh?

     I have positively identified my jade sword as E. horemanni.  I used
     the Echinodorus key in Rataj and Horeman, and also mine is big enough
     now so it looks exactly like the photo on page 189.

     This is a very handsome sword--dark jade green color with long
     tapering leaves and distinct veination.  It was a little pricey
     ($9.99--good thing I had enough store credit!), and sales were poor,
     so I don't think my LFS will ever carry it again.  I better hang on to
     it.  All my references indicate it is a very undemanding plant.

     Anyone else ever hear of E. horemanni sold under the name "jade
     swords?"

     Regards,

     Mark