crypt rot

well, it'my turn, my due as beginner.
I got 2 months ago a fine bunch of crypt (wendtii I believe) which did
well until I almost doubled the light level. I tried to minimize such a
stress by increasing the on period of the new bulb gradually and
thought the other surrounding plants will have shadowed enough.
unfortunately it did not worked. I also suspect there could happened a
temperature shock (from a max of 26 to a max of 28C) since the new bulb
was on for 8 hours. now the temperature is almost stable varying from
25.5C at the morning to <27C at the evening.
crypts leaves started to rot from the top but it is a slow process in
the sense there still are lots of apparently healthy leaves.
my questions are:
- is the rot irreversible, I mean will all the leaves rot anyway ?
- is there any special care crypts will need to recover , i.e.
fertilizer or things to avoid ?
and finally
- should I expect a similar behaviour from other low light plants like
Anubias ?
thank you very much in advance
--Alex