Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V3 #162

At 03:48 AM 3/26/1998 -0500, TOM PRICE opined:
>  I recently moved from Seattle to Starkville, MS.  I would recommend
>you remove the plants, pack them in wet newspaper for the trip, then
>replant them on arrival.

Neil Frank and I have been shipping plants a lot.  What has worked the best
is to put them in plastic bags with a teaspoon of water and press (GENTLY!)
the bag flat (so it contains just plant and a tiny bit of water).  Stack
these bags in a box and fill any vacant space with packing peanuts.  Don't
use any larger box than necessary.   Send FedEx two day service ($8 or so
if you can find a discount) or otherwise Priority Mail ($3 for 2#).  Use
FedEx if valuable plants are involved (lots or rare or special to you).
Good luck.
--
Dave Gomberg	mailto:gomberg at wcf_com
FormMaestro  <http://www.wcf.com>