Moving and personal e-mail

> Date: Tue, 24 Mar 1998 18:43:33 -0600
> From: Nicole Winstead <bwinstea at students_uiuc.edu>

> Subject: Moving a 20gal to Santa Clara.

Nicole,

  I recently moved from Seattle to Starkville, MS.  I would recommend
you remove the plants, pack them in wet newspaper for the trip, then
replant them on arrival.  Of course, keep them at (indoor) room
temperature as much as possible.  Moving the fish is much more of a
problem.  I entrusted my fish to a good friend for a few weeks (6),
until I could return for a visit.  I ended up bringing them on the
plane.  I wrote an article about it for the apisto digest; I could
e-mail it to you if you're interested.

> ------------------------------
>
> Date: Tue, 24 Mar 1998 20:37:23 EST
> From: Deansliger <Deansliger at aol_com>
> Subject: Re: Fluorescent vs. Incandescent
>
> Karen Randall --
>
> I realize that my meager twenty years of experience growing and inducing to
> bloom hundreds of tropical plants in no way compares to your vast knowledge,
> which is why I frequently use phrases like "in my experience."  Maybe, from
> now on, you should answer -- promptly, of course -- all the questions posted
> to the APD.
>
> Speaking of which, you never did answer my question about who, out of 100+
> species in the genus, definitively identified "Java Moss" as Vesicularia
> dubyana.
>
> Dean Sliger

Dean,

  If you wish to send personal mail to Karen, please do it off the
list.  By the way, I don't know who _you_ are, but I've found Karen
to be a reasonable, helpful, patient member of the APD community.
Much more so than most of the uninformed ranters out here in cyberspace.

Tom

 Work Phone: (601)-325-7191             Physical Mail: Box 9546
 Fax:        (601)-325-7189                            Mississippi State, MS
                                                       39762-9546
 Home Page : http://www.civil.msstate.edu/Faculty/price.html