Light spectrum again!!!

I have been using 1 actinic 03 bulb with 2 white and now 2 aquasun VHO's.
I used the blue under the assumption of the reef keepers that because blue
is less attenuated with depth it will get to the bottom of my 24" deep
tank, helping to support the low lying carpet that I desire.  Is this
correct or I am just full of It?

	     e  Mike Nielsen                           a
	     y  Department of Geography                r
	     o  Harvill Bldg Box #2                    e
	     u  Tucson, AZ 85721                       y
	     ?  mnielsen at u_arizona.edu