Re: Chlorine Neutralizer

Amquel is my favorite dechlorinator.

I tried the new "Aqua Clear" by I think Seachem, but either it didn't
neutralize ammonia like it advertized or it interfered with the Tetra
ammonia test like the salesman said it shouldn't.

The ammonia test was off the chart and now I'm not certain what killed
some of my fish.  There's value in not changing too many things at
once.  The dechlorinator shouldn't be in that set of variables.  I
thinking it did fine with the dechlorination, though, since not all my
fish were stressed during the tank tear-down and move that started all
this.

If you're only worried about chlorine, just put the change water in a
large bucket with an airpump/airstone combo and aerate the water for
a couple of days.  You'll lose nothing but the chlorine and you'll
get the extra beanie of stabilizing the changewater pH if your local
water treatment plant drives out the CO2 to precipitate out some of
the hardness.

    KR> could someone please recommend what you think is the best
    KR> commercial product to de-chlorinate tap water without also
    KR> binding up any of the other minerals or trace elements.  i was
    KR> using Sera Aqutan until recently discovering that it was
    KR> binding almost everything in the water - including the expensive
    KR> daily fertilizer i've been using for almost a year!  our local
    KR> water does not have any chloramine - only chlorine.  thanks!

-Carlos
--
Carlos E. Munoz <cmunoz at crystal_cirrus.com>