Re: Plant ID

<< Someone a while back was kind enough to tell me what plant I had and now I
 forgot the name. It appears to be a moss. I collected it out of a local
 spring along with some other plants. It is a light green in bright light and
 very dark in low light tank. The leaves(?) or stems remind  me of a cedar
 tree leaf(?). It has no apparent roots and attaches itself to rocks, wood,
 bricks etc. Some stray pieces have attached themselves to the driftwood.>>

Jeff, you didn't mention what part of the world you live in, but assuming it's
somewhere here in North America then it is possibly some species of
Fontinalis, which grows in clear, running streams and springs.

If you're really serious about IDing it you could send me a piece and I'll see
what I can do -- but the books I have only cover North American species, so if
you live somewhere else I can't help.  E-mail me if interested.

Dean Sliger
Deansliger at aol_com